Does your child love to be in nature, excel in small, supportive environments and thrive when she feels seen, heard and understood for who she is? Then you may want to explore Terra Marin School. Terra Marin was founded on the idea that every child is unique and deserves an education that fits his/her learning style and potential. The school's most important asset, however, and one continually touted by current families, is the quality, dedication, and mentorship of the faculty and staff who put above all else creating an environment that is warm and nurturing where students feel safe, supported and recognized for their unique gifts.
The curriculum included in the Terra Marin experience covers the following:
- Earth Education - 1-2 full days outdoors learning of campus in nature
- Languages - Mandarin or Spanish for all grades (Mandarin Immersion in Preschool & TK)
- Leveled academics - Meeting each child at his/her exact level
- Project-Based Learning (Reggio Emilia inspired in Preschool & TK)
- Harkness Style Teaching - Discussion and student-led learning
- Music, Drama, and art for all grades - Multimedia, Filmmaking and Music Composition